Buzz Buzz Beez

Friday, May 20, 2005

The Medical Center

I went there this morning just to make sure everything was okay with the blood blister. Apparently I am not done paying my penance for my mocking of the pictures, as the doctor said there was a piece of coral embedded in my foot. The doctor is from South Africa, and resembles a heartier (and I should say, much nicer) version of Laurence Olivier in “Marathon Man.” I think I also made the “Marathon Man” connection because he spent the next twenty minutes extracting said coral from my foot with pins, tweezers, and scissors, murmuring, “Ah, you've got quite a few granules of sand in here. There's quite a large foreign body deep in here. (plunging the needle/tweezers/scissors deep into the nerve center of my foot) Sorry! Sorry!”

He patched me up and said that I should be fine in a few days. He thinks that I might have stepped on a sea urchin, and told me to lay off running until it heals. I will be on the lookout for Aqua Socks when we get to New York.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home