Buzz Buzz Beez

Saturday, June 18, 2005

New Songs

I don't know if they have changed the mix tape that they play at the buffet and gym, but I've heard a lot of new songs in the past few weeks. “Bette Davis Eyes” gets heavy rotation, as does Richard Marx and that Climaxx song they played at one of my aunt's weddings (“Girl you are to me, all that a woman should be/And I dedicate my life to you always”). I heard Don Johnson's “Heartbeat” in the Reading and Writing room today, which nicely set the mood for my reading and writing. Also, Whitney Houston's “All The Man That I'll Ever Need” is played frequently, and each time I get confused if that song is supposed to be about Bobby Brown, God, or some combination of the two.

Also, I just want to write this down so I don't forget it. Several art auctions are held on the ship over the course of the cruise, and the auctioneer always ends his announcements by saying, “The only difference between 'action' and 'auction' is 'u' being there.” I'm trying to find ways to incorporate that phrase into everyday conversation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home