Buzz Buzz Beez

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Saying Goodbye

The passengers left this morning. It was strange to realize this will happen fourteen more times. I didn't interact with many of the passengers, but there were a lot that we saw on a pretty frequent basis and developed nicknames for. There was Michael Phelps, so called because of his resemblance to the Olympic swimmer, who was usually seen by himself and never seemed able to crack any of the different social circles formed by the other kids his age. David Beckham was first seen wearing a linen suit, pink shirt, and aviator sunglasses in the buffet line (where the standard dress code is usually expand-a-belt shorts, black socks and dress shoes) but I later saw him at the gym wearing a white polo shirt, white sweatpants, and what I can only describe as sequined elf shoes.

Speaking of fashion, I've begun to notice a rise in hologram gold jewelry. A man we met on the private island had a chain with his mother's image on it, and a woman last night had a necklace with a representation of her two kids emblazoned on a small medallion. I say this without any malice or judgment, but simply as observation of a new trend.

When in New York, I met my friend Jamie for lunch. He took me to a drug store where I bought a watch and then to a magazine store. I saw Fisher Stevens walk by; he was very tan and talking on a cell phone handset. Jamie didn't believe that I really saw him but I think he was upset that I had noticed the star of the “Short Circuit” series and he had not.

Tonight we ate at the buffet, which had a Presidential theme. This meant that they were serving President Carter's carrot and raisin salad, Nancy Reagan's Thai Chicken Curry, and Betty Ford's fish cakes. I wish I were making this stuff up.

1 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Blogger tara d. said...

i love that presidential theme. they're really reaching at this point; i love to think about what they have done prior, or what they will do at points where this has run its course. the gene simmons tongue? delicious. rump steak of jlo? we get it. ugh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home