Buzz Buzz Beez

Monday, September 12, 2005

Moon Watch 2005

Last night after dinner, Sue, Beth, Charles the Magician, and I decided to use the hot tub outside. Normally this is a place I stay away from because it’s so crowded, but the falling temperatures and later hours had left it unoccupied, so we jumped at the opportunity. When we got in, Sue noticed a relatively nice watch that had been left behind by a previous occupant. There were three guys in the late twenties drying off a few tables away, so I called out to them and asked if they had left their watch. One of them came over and said something like, “A watch? Oh yeah, that’s my watch,” took the watch, and then walked back to his buddies. At this time we noticed that all three guys were already wearing watches, and they took turns passing the new watch around and trying it on. We also noticed that they were fairly drunk, as they began knocking down chairs and one of the guys partially mooned the other two. I realized that for all of my so-called detective skills, I still have a lot to learn. My hope is that I have gained the trust of these criminals, so that now I can expose their more devious schemes. My other hope is they woke up this morning with their new find, felt guilty, and turned it over to Lost and Found.

After the criminal debacle, the four of us got hot chocolate and looked at the moon, which was slightly orange. I believe the technical term is “Harvest Moon,” but I’m not sure. Our itinerary is all switched up because of Hurricane Ophelia, so we are going to the Bahamas first and then Florida. Charles the Magician and I might go to Disney World on Friday. He will probably teach me how to make Cinderella’s Castle disappear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home